Network Services Specialist
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
|Start:||Zo spoedig mogelijk|
|Duur:||9 maanden / kans op verlenging|
|Geplaatst op:||21 september 2022 om 20:38 uur|
|Specialisme:||Systeem- / Netwerkbeheer|
|Tariefindicatie:||In overleg / n.t.b.|
OpdrachtomschrijvingFor our client, based in Rotterdam region , we are looking for:
Role: Network Services Specialist
Start date: asap
Duration: 6-12 months
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date to apply : 26-09-2022, 12.00 AMDescription:
For our datacenter networking squad we are looking for smart networking specialists who can work in a team but take on jobs independently.
Our networking environment is growing rapidly and we need extra hands to make sure we can still deliver our networks up to the high ING standards. We work with state of the art technologies with very high capacity. We need you to help us stay up to date and in control.
The squad is responsible for development and operations of ING's datacenter and private cloud networks. Our engineers are very experienced. Working from NL and Poland we are used to working remote, but also meet in the office on a regular basis. We work (but not only) with Cumulus, Palo Alto, F5, VMware NSX, Cisco.
Roles and responsibilities:
Working in our squad involves:
- Updating and upgrading our estate: testing, analyzing for the correct versions, making sure you align with our stakeholders, making a planning;
- Migrating legacy systems to the new solutions, helping our stakeholders doing so;
- Improving our monitoring, delivering input for capacity planning, making sure we get alerted for the right things and we see problems coming before they become a problem;
- Documenting our current and new solutions, sharing knowledge, writing work instructions;
- Delivering evidence and procedures showing that we are in control;
- Troubleshooting the more difficult problems that are not easily solved, using tools like wireshark, firewall logs, syslog etc.
How to succeed:
- We hire smart people like you for your potential.
- Our biggest expectation is stay curious.
- Keep learning.
- Take on responsibility.
- You have a BSC or MsC in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Network Certifications
- You have 5 years of work experience in, among other things, all the network aspects we use [Cumulus, Palo Alto, F5, VMware NSX, Cisco]
- You have at least five years’ experience in a large organization with one or more of our solutions;
- You have a pro-active mentality, can raise the right questions and get the right answers;
- Helping others is in your nature, working in a team is what you like, but you also know how to work by yourself;
- You like a challenge, know how to troubleshoot complicated networking issues.
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in working with different cultures
- Good energy, proactive, initiative and positive attitude;
- The ability to train, learn and adapt quickly;
- Experience with bigger organizations and complex transitions within enterprise environments;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Strong communication skills.
- Most recent CV, in Word format, max 5 x A4, in Dutch/English
- Solid motivation, focused on the application
- Explanation of the requirements and competences set
- At least 1 recent reference, which can be verified!