DevOps Oracle Engineer (PL/SQL, CI/CD, Azure, Linux) (QR8990)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Nederland
|Start:||Zo spoedig mogelijk|
|Geplaatst op:||5 augustus 2022 om 15:39 uur|
|Tariefindicatie:||In overleg / n.t.b.|
OpdrachtomschrijvingFunctie: DevOps Oracle Engineer (PL/SQL, CI/CD, Azure, Linux) (QR8990)
Start: 5-8-2022, 40 uur per week
Periode: 12 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a DevOps Oracle Engineer (PL/SQL, CI/CD, Azure, Linux)
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle required
o Experienced with creating PL/SQL packages and stored procedures
o Experienced with query tuning
o Experienced with database setup and provisioning
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD using Azure DevOps
o Experienced with setting up Ansible playbooks
o Experienced with setting up new pipelines in Azure DevOps
o Experienced with setting up templates (backbone)
- Good at scripting (Bash, Kornshell, Perl, Python)
- Familiar with ELK monitoring
- Supporting the inhouse developed environment provisioning application which is used to provision dev and test environments with filtered and masked data. This application consists both of PL/SQL packages and also Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Improve the performance of this environment provisioning application
- Add new features to the environment provisioning application, both on the PL/SQL side and on the Azure DevOps side
- Work on user stories for other pipeline improvements
- Work on setting up ELK monitoring, including the gathering of database metrics
- Test the work of other developers, as all engineers in the team should develop and test
- Perform code review of the work of other developers, and give meaningful feedback
- Work in an Agile team, adhering to Agile principles and attending scrum ceremonies
Profile (desired skills & experience)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field preferred
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code
- You are a team player. Teamwork is one of the core competencies of the DevOps Engineer.
Since you work in multidisciplinary teams, it is important that you work well with people and share information that is important for others. You are open to the input of others and you are prepared to learn from them. You place the importance of a common goal above personal goals. This way, you encourage teamwork in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Professional Expertise/ market focus. You are passionate about IT. You work on the development of your knowledge in certain fields and as your level of experience increases, you also develop deeper and broader knowledge. At the highest level within this function, the focus of professional expertise shifts to vision. Your skill level enables you to have a strategic outlook on the future and make a link between the current situation, developments, the corporate strategy and the long-term vision.
- As an DevOps Engineer, you are able to make good analyses. Problem analysis and judgement is therefore an essential competency in this profile. To the customer, you act as an expert in analyzing requirements. You are familiar with potential problems related to the IT products to be implemented and as you develop, you increase your ability to anticipate these problems.
- Performance motivation: an DevOps Engineer consistently tries to improve performance and the IT services provided. You continuously focus on improving your personal performance and that of your team. You strive to achieve high work standards and are not satisfied with average levels of performance.
- Flexibility is required in order to get things done. You do not just give up when things are not
going well, and you know who or where to turn to within the organization if you need support.
- Besides his/her persuasiveness, a successful DevOps Engineer also has the ability to adjust his/her style of communication to and take into account the interests of the people he/she is addressing. Within the multidisciplinary teams in which you work, you are able to use arguments that appeal to the people taking part in the discussion and you present your arguments in measured doses at crucial moments. At higher levels, you influence higher management and different stakeholders.
- Customer focus and customer interests paramount: a successful DevOps Engineer comes up with solutions that meet the needs of the customer. You understand the customers needs and wishes and you can therefore advise the customer on the best IT solution based on your professional expertise.
- Planning and organization: the planning and organization competency is highly important when it comes to performing the activities in a good flow of sprints. This involves the ability to accurately assess the size of the units, to set their priority and to schedule them. Of course, this also involves progress monitoring, ensuring that scheduled tasks are completed on time.
- You are an Orange Code role model:
o You are always a step ahead
o You take it on and make it happen
o You help other be successful
- Go getter
- Strong communication