Chapter Lead (Cobol, Z/OS, Microfocus, relational DB) (QR7885)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Nederland
|Start:||Zo spoedig mogelijk|
|Duur:||9 maanden / kans op verlenging|
|Geplaatst op:||16 oktober 2020 om 13:07 uur|
|Tariefindicatie:||In overleg / n.t.b.|
OpdrachtomschrijvingFunctie: Chapter Lead (Cobol, Z/OS, Microfocus, relational DB) (QR7885)
Start: 2-11-2020, 36 uur per week
Periode: 9 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a chapter lead to strengthen its development team that is in the midst of migrating cobol and PL1 software from Z/OS to Microfocus.
If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary compliance and QA measures, where we find that the problem chooses the language/technology and not the other way around, where we are committed to fostering a proper engineering culture and building a high-productivity team of smart Dev engineers with the getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus will be to:
-Helping the engineers (around 10) in overcoming their challenges and improving their capabilities as you know how to tackle issues.
- Take part in all team activities focussed at deliver and support software as a regular engineer.
In addition to developing complex software solutions, you will also contribute to:
- Streamlining our development process all the way from code check-ins to deployment into production in collaboration with Ops colleagues (using the best tools that we can find: e.g. Jira, git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, …).
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment:
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of Payments. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with Cobol and/or PL1 or either the Z/OS or Microfocus platform.
- You are able to develop and tune efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- Good knowledge OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems
- You have sound knowledge of relational databases (e.g. DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Adequate English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- You value a multi-cultured environment where both Dutch and English are the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
*** streeft ernaar om iedere kandidaat binnen 5 werkdagen een persoonlijke reactie te sturen.
Indien de klant een security screening vereist zijn de (eenmalige) kosten hiervan voor eigen rekening.
NOTE: de *** Aanvragen mogen niet zonder toestemming op internet geplaatst worden!!